Allow yourself to feel even when it gets uncomfortable. Experience your emotions. Understand what is happening and grow in self-awareness.
When experiencing uncomfortable emotions ask yourself questions:
- What am I feeling?
- Why am I feeling this?
- Have I felt like this before?
- Do I need some help processing this emotion?
- Who can I ask for help?
- Is creativity helpful? (Should I write this down? Maybe draw it out? Make a collage?
- Is this emotion influencing my behavior? Is this behavior helpful or harmful?
- What does self-care look like for me when I feel this emotion?
- How can I increase my mindfulness when feeling this emotion?
- What are my next steps?
**Question graphic! Sticker set will be available in my Etsy shop in late December.**
Experiencing certain emotions can be scary, but allowing yourself to feel shows you how best to support yourself or ask for support.
Feel and not dismiss, reject, or ignore how your body is reacting to your environment and experiences. You can learn so much about yourself by reflecting on what is happening.
Practice self-compassion by giving yourself permission to feel.