Often times we find ourselves stuck and unable to move forward. Whether it’s a split second of confusion or longer amount of time, we grapple with obstacles both conscious and unconscious that are prohibiting us from achieving what we want.
How we approach those obstacles, however, will guide our next steps and will help us to be more proactive in who we want to become. Asking insightful questions and motivating ourselves to do better can help to push the change we want to see.
Self-doubt and Limiting Beliefs
When feeling unable or unfit to achieve a goal, we may already be telling ourselves we can’t achieve what we want. This may be in the form of procrastination, lack of motivation, negative self-talk, avoiding responsibilities and tasks, or constantly feeling discouraged/depressed when it comes to picking up new opportunities.
Because limiting beliefs are ingrained in how we think, its often difficult to identify them. To combat this issue in identifying how we are holding ourselves back, we must practice self-awareness and critical thinking. How are you really feeling? Who do you want to be?
Questions to Help Identify Limiting Beliefs/Fears
Here are 8 questions you can ask yourself if you feel stuck due to limiting beliefs or self-doubt and want to move forward:
- What do you want to achieve?
- How important is that goal to you?
- Do you have fears that might be stopping you from reaching your goal?
- How do the fears make you feel?
- Do you feel that the belief/fear is protecting you from pain?
- Are those beliefs and fears serving a purpose? Can you move on from them?
- How can you overcome those limiting beliefs and fears?
- What are new ways to think about your fears/limiting beliefs in order to progress?
Moving Forward with Affirmations and New Creations
Now that we are thinking about our limiting beliefs and goals we want to achieve, how do we change our mindset to wanting and striving to be more of who we want to be? Affirmations and new ideas are some ways we can get ourselves in a more workable mindset.
Here are some affirmations you can practice to get started:
- I am good enough.
- I am capable of achieving my goals.
- I learn and grow from every opportunity.
- Challenges I am faced with are great learning experiences.
- I am worthy of new opportunities and I am where I need to be.
Changing how you see yourself in your current situation will help you to move ahead despite challenges and obstacles.
You can also build on those affirmations by creating something new. Writing a poem or article, drawing, creating your own blog, practicing arts and crafts, cooking can aid in feelings of accomplishment boosting your sense of self-worth.
The more confidence you build, the more active you will become in believing you can achieve what you want. Move and become active in your progress. Belief in yourself is the first step in achieving goals.
Become who you want to become. You are your biggest critic but can also be your biggest fan. Prove to yourself that you can.