Sometimes we have dormant goals and desires that we put off although the thought of achieving that goal or desire resurfaces ever so often. We find ourselves procrastinating and overthinking, perhaps because of subconscious fears, doubts or other responsibilities. Know however, that’s it’s okay to take small steps to reaching where you want to go.
Here are some reflection questions when finding yourself overthinking or procrastinating on a specific goal:
- How do I feel about my goal or desire? How important is it to me?
- Do I have enough information or resources to reach my desired outcome?
- What would be the first step in achieving my goal? Is there anything holding me back from that first step?
- If I were to take the first step into achieving my goal, would I be ready to continue putting in effort?
- How can I balance or change my daily schedule to incorporate time and energy into my goal or desire?
- What would be possible challenges in pursuing my goal or desire?
- Who can I ask for support in achieving my goal?
It’s okay to do what’s best for you when making big decisions for yourself. Take one moment at a time, one step at a time and know it’s okay to be proud of yourself every step of the way.